Late at night, do you worry about…
- The enormity of the responsibility to educate your kids,
- the wide disparity of information about learning,
- the unrelenting demands of the little people in your charge,
- the annual changes in family dynamics and hormones,
- your natural home education fatigue
- and (dare you admit it?) boredom?
All of us wonder: Am I doing a good enough job? How will I know?
What if I'm failing my children?
A fantasy homeschool lives in our imaginations: happy children, learning in a pool of light, making measurable progress.
We envision creative, self-starting, curious beings that relish the chance to improve their minds.
- We find ourselves arguing about time limits on the computer.
- We face learning disabilities, temper tantrums, and the flu.
- The program everyone raved about doesn't work for us and we think it's our fault.
- Unscheduled schooling feels like parental neglect, and scheduled schooling feels like prison.
I know how you feel.